Thursday 14 April 2011

Rock of Ages


I will be starting work on Rock of Ages in a couple of months in the Wig & Make-up department and was lucky enough to recieve 3 complimentary tickets to openning night!
So I took my besty Cath and we dressed up in 80s Rock themed outfits, making sure that we had our pics taken by the press infront of the Rock of Ages banner! Only thing is I'm not sure that we will see the result of those pics, I mean Rob Mills, Chris Lilly, Kate Ceberano, Molly Meldrum and the likes of Eddie McGuire will probably get the lime light over us.... However it was fun getting up there and doing our rock poses lol hmmmmmm...
Anyways, I had thought that I only had 2 tickets, so when I pulled 3 out of the envelope with my name on it, I decided to give the 3rd away. It was pouring with rain and when we looked out past the red carpet, we saw a young girl, about 15 with her mum. So, Cath and I headed over and offered her the ticket. She was extatic and we were too, we took her under our wing and headed in to see the show. She and her mum had lined up all morning and night to see it, they were down from Mildura, and until then, had had no luck!
The show was unbelievable, I cant wait to start working on it! It was full of energy, amazing vocals, songs we knew and could sing along to, great humour and characters we will all remember! I would recommend it to everybody!
The show was great but the best thing for me and Cath was seeing this girl completely jumping out of her skin and later she found out that her mum had got a ticket aswell! The best thing she said  while fidgetting and trying to find somthing to do with her hands, a ball of nerves and excitement, was, "can't wait to get on Facebook!" Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment